Lets be entirely honest here. I have some great plans for this site. I have so many things I want to do, but to be entirely honest I don’t think I’ll ever get around to it. Here’s the list of things that over the next year and a half I want to enact and do. (I’ll be moving and not in school for a bit, so that’ll help).
- Research articles. I want to compile and summarize in plain English research regarding gender and sexuality. This is partially to have a better idea of the existing literature before I enter graduate school. It’s also because this kind of research very rarely gets attention. I don’t know how I’ll do it because I won’t have access through school to scholarly journals and they are extremely expensive to get ahold of. I know some people do open source but that has inherent questionability in terms of if it’s been subject to peer review. Regardless, this is something I hope to find a way to pursue. If I do, when started I think I’ll focus on maybe one article a month. It’s not a lot but that will give me time to seriously examine it, have a life, do other things, and most importantly, find others in case the one I initially select isn’t good based on one parameter or another.
- Shout-Outs to remarkable members of the LGBT+ community. I have done one to Stef Sanjati before, and I have a few other individuals I would love to post on at some point. This is difficult because often you need to consume a lot of content created by an individual to do this. However, IF it were possible another way I could do that would be to essentially conduct an interview and get they’re responses and it would take FAR less time. Ideally this would also be once a month.
- Discussion of various issues regarding gender and sexuality. This one concerns me because of a number of things. The first is that I’m worried about any issues in my understanding that I haven’t addressed or noticed yet. I don’t want to publicly put out things that based on my own ignorance could hurt someone. The second is I don’t like stirring up drama, I’d rather not deal with it, especially if it doesn’t effect me. For example, the issue of should people be able to exclude trans people as sexual partners based on their identity? If yes, at what point? etc.
- Explanations of genders/sexualities??? I feel like there’s a million of those so maybe not? or just a quick guide and links to far better resources. If I do this I will include it in whatever section I create to help with resources for LGBT+ people. This includes a list of community friendly shelters and support groups based on area, I would like to compile one of those.
- A comprehensive resource guide that has a number of things. Shopping places that are LGBT+ friendly, shelters, support groups, hotlines, even a list of places and organizations that outright hurt LGBT+ people.
- Book Reviews! I want to start reading and reviewing LGBT+ literature. This means both written by LGBT+ people AND featuring LGBT+ characters. (meaning And/Or btw, not having both qualities at the same time)
Ok, as far as I can figure that’s all I have planned. However, I would LOVE to have more suggestions if ANYONE happens to have any. Thanks 🙂